Indiana Retired Teachers Association Unveils New Logo, Message
The Indiana Retired Teachers Association has a new look and an updated message for its members and the public. Click here for the complete text of the news release.
Welcome to the Porter County Retired Teachers Association (PCRTA) website. We are an organized group of retired educators who taught or live in Porter County, Indiana. Any retired teacher, administrator, or surviving spouse who is receiving a pension from the Indiana Teachers Retirement Fund may become a member of PCRTA by payment of the annual dues. Anyone may join as an associate member. Visit our MEMBERSHIP page for additional information.
It is the purpose of the Porter County Retired Teachers Association to:
- Renew friendships
- Enjoy fellowship at our two yearly luncheons
- Fall: 2nd Thursday of October
- Spring: 2nd Thursday of May
- Learn pertinent retirement information from luncheon speakers, such as:
- Legislative updates
- Prescription drug options
- Medicare coverage changes
- Long-term health care
- Collect volunteer hours which influence the annual passage of our Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for Indiana Retired Teachers.
- Strongly encourage membership in the Indiana Retired Teachers Association (IRTA), which is our primary lobbying presence in the State Legislature.
INDIANA RETIRED TEACHERS ASSOCIATION MISSION STATEMENT
To promote the welfare of Indiana’s retired educators; to encourage and perpetuate education in Indiana; and to provide community leadership, service, and guidance.